Written by: Nilima Amit, Executive Contributor
Executive Contributors at Brainz Magazine are handpicked and invited to contribute because of their knowledge and valuable insight within their area of expertise.
'Thank you' is a word that is very commonly used by each one of us. We say, 'thank you' when we acknowledge a gift, service, compliment, or accept/refuse an offer. IS THIS ENOUGH?
No, it’s not enough! Why? It's because we rarely feel being thankful when we say it. There are times when we say 'thank you' for the sake of saying it. We say it out of habit or just to be polite and to be well mannered. We rarely feel the emotions of gratitude while saying, 'thank you.'
When it's coupled with feelings, the magic happens. Doors of wonders open for us – opportunities and abundance flows in our life when we feel grateful (or gratitude). Does this confuse you? Let me explain it with an example.
When we are at the billing counter, the attendant makes the bill. The payment is made, and the bill is handed over, and we say 'thank you.' Here, we only say 'thank you.' There is no feeling attached to the words. Most of the time, we don’t even look at the attendant on the counter while saying, 'thank you.' We just say it while walking away.
Next time, wait, look at the attendant and say 'thank you.' Do this while looking at the attendant with a smile on your face. Don’t forget to note the smile of the attendant when you say the magical words – 'Thank you.' If possible, try shaking hands.
Isn’t it very simple? This can be followed in every aspect of our lives. It takes a little patience and effort to incorporate it into our lives.
Simple tips to feel gratitude in your daily life:
1. Close your eyes and say, "Thank you, thank you, thank you" for all the goodness in your life. Saying 'thank you' 3 times creates an impact on our feelings. It also helps to raise our vibrations to happiness.
2. Look at people while saying 'thank you.'
3. When you wake up, say 'thank you' for your life and your wonderful day ahead.
4. At bedtime, say 'thank you' for the beautiful day that went by.
5. Just before closing your eyes, scan the whole day and find the best thing that happened during the day. Say 'thank you' and feel grateful for the best thing.
6. Feel gratitude for the air, birds, water, and all the natural resources.
7. Hold your hand on your heart and feel gratitude for the beautiful sights you encounter during the day.
8. Say 'thank you' to family and friends for their love, care, and warmth towards you.
9. Above all, say 'thank you' with a reason. The feeling of gratitude arises automatically. For example, – I am thankful for my family because they give me a sense of belonging.
This Thanksgiving attach feelings of Gratitude to thank you. 2020 has been a roller coaster for each one of us. Despite this, let us end it on a better note by feeling gratitude for each and everything we have in life, even if it’s knee-high to a grasshopper or minuscule.
Thank you, thank you, thank you. Heartfelt Gratitude.
Nilima Amit, Executive Contributor Brainz Magazine
Nilima Amit is a Bestseller Author, Holistic Life Coach and Reiki Healer. Her life is a beautiful and interesting journey from having an opportunity to be born to Osho follower parents to self-discovering her own Calling. This journey transmuted in the formation of her company One Life Many Jouneys™. Coincidentally her bestseller book is also with the same name. The mission of One Life Many Journeys™ is to spread the light and guide souls in their quest in emotional and spiritual quest. Handcrafted workshops, her book and Reiki infused products like affirmation box, wish box, Money and Relationship box are created to help in the same.