Updated: Aug 17, 2020
Spiritual Teacher, Motivational Speaker and Certified Life & Relationships Coach. She is an advocate of sisterhood and empowerment but most importantly of God’s unconditional love. Founder of the Healing and Self Love Retreat for women called Can’t Break Me Retreat. A leader and woman on a mission, and that mission is to empower women worldwide to recognize their worth by acknowledging who they are trough God’s eyes. As a highly respected dating expert & coach, she provides advice for women on Self-love, abusive relationships, heartbreak and grief. Dedicated to helping women received Love & Healing and to discover the peace, spiritual connection and purpose they've been seeking. Read the full interview with Kristel Robinson below!
– My name is Kristel Robinson Bailey. I’m from Costa Rica, Mother of 3. I am a Spiritual Teacher, Life and Relationships Coach and Motivational Speaker. I love traveling, learning about other cultures and meeting new people. I’ve always been skilled at bringing people together and working towards common goals, therefore I combined my passion with purpose to empower women and help them overcome challenges through self-love and self-compassion.
"When I was nine years old, I was sexually abused by one of my cousins."
You say that your mission is to strengthen, empower and guide women facing heartbreak and grief. Tell us a little bit about your background. What have you gone through?
– I believe that we should use our truth to empower others and empower ourselves. When we realize all the challenges we have overcome and still have the courage to stand up and keep pushing forward, we become resilient, and our lives have a purpose. We don´t allow our circumstances to reduce us, instead, we rise to the occasions.
– When I was nine years old, I was sexually abused by one of my cousins. I keep that a secret until I was 25 years old. I never dealt with the consequences; I just put it behind me and kept living. I grew up thinking that that was normal and the only thing to me. At 19 years old, while I was studying dentistry, I got pregnant, and at that time, my family made me choose between having an abortion or been disinherited, therefore running from shame and trying to make up for disappointing people I cared about, I jumped into a marriage with someone who did not love me.
– This led to years of settling for abuse, mistreatments disrespect and domestic violence, allowing to be used by men with no intention to love me, a circle of fake friendships, and toxic family members. I was in an abusive marriage for 17 years, and instead of walking away I would find myself looking for love in the wrong places.
Reading on your website, you describe how you, at one point, just crashed. What did you do that made you go through this challenging time in your life?
– In 2015 I had a baby while married, and my husband was not the dad. I became the woman "who had a kid with another man". I was living in shame and condemnation. My secret was revealed by my cousin, just weeks from my friend passing away, my beautiful mom. My soul was bleeding out, and I felt like I was drowning, while pregnant, I did ask God to have mercy on my soul, I asked him for forgiveness, so in the middle of the storm, when everything unfolded I was not afraid, the war was part of being accountable for my actions.
– The shame, guilt and my own sabotage was eating me alive. I thought I deserved to be in pain and being broken. I got used to it. I fulfilled my soul with superficial comfort and got caught in a world of heartbreak, pain, sin and grief. I hit rock bottom and was tired of looking for love and validation in the wrong places, and whenmy soul couldn’t take it anymore, I looked up....
– And HE gave me the strength to walk away, Grace and Mercy to not condemn myself anymore and unconditional love to recognize my worth. And that's how I acknowledged that I was not my mistakes; I started reading about Moses, King David, Mary Magdalene, Tamar, and Jonah, and I also found healing at Jesus' feet. I'm not a victim of my circumstances, I learned to see myself through God's eyes, and I realize that I could rise to the occasion and be everything that God created me to be.
– God always has a plan for our lives. Even if we take detours, we can never run away from his purpose. That´s how Can´t Break Me Retreat was born as a space to find healing from heartbreak and trauma. It’s a sacred place to disconnect from the world and give all our burdens and pain to God. When we acknowledge who we are through God’s eyes, we become unbreakable and unstoppable. The only way to stop settling is to live to honor him.
Who should hire/work with you?
– I´m an advocate of sisterhood and empowerment, but most importantly of God´s unconditional love, therefore anyone who fits into this description is welcome to work together. We need more love and less judgment to stand in power together.
What are the three most frequently asked questions from your clients, and what do you tell them?
– My clients come to me not with overall questions, is more as a journey to heal from so much heartbreak, pain, shame and trauma. My advice, of course, depends on each individual circumstances, but I guide them to find healing through God, the world as it is can never calm our within noise, when our hearts are restless, we can only find peace in God.
Reading your article, it is clear that God has a big part of your life. How important is God in your life?
– I don´t know how to live without God. I don’t have plan b. My hope is in him and his promises for all of us.
What content can our readers expect from you?
– I love to write about hope and faith to overcome any challenges, about healthy relationships to help women to identify the love they deserve and not to settle. I root for self-love because it is the root of empowerment. But most importantly, the honor is to God. I want to encourage readers to never focus on the circumstances when we put our trust in the right place, we should never be afraid or discouraged because everything will work in our favor.
Tell us about your organization and how it improves the lives of others?
– Healing from within is the only way to embark on a journey of self-love and discovery. At the Retreat, we spend six days with an intimate group of sisters in a sacred pilgrimage to embark on a journey of self-love and healing. The way we think will lead us to the right path. Problems and challenges are an opportunity to grow and become wiser and stronger in life. No matter how hurt and tired we might feel, keep a good attitude, keep your faith and cast all your anxiety and fear into God. When you feel down and lost, see yourself as a seed...
– With the proper care, mindset, and attitude, you can grow into the most beautiful and strongest tree. Together we heal, we grow, and we become more empowered.
Do you have any advice or tips you would like to share with our readers?
– No matter what you go through, you can always get up and finish the race. Seek validation from God, not the world. With God by your side nothing can break you