Written by: Bronwyn Smith, Executive Contributor
Executive Contributors at Brainz Magazine are handpicked and invited to contribute because of their knowledge and valuable insight within their area of expertise.
With everyone worldwide being affected by Covid, now is the time to take stock of your financial situation.
Everyone throughout the world has been in lockdown. For some it hasn’t affected their financial life at all and for others it has been financially devasting.
If you fit into the latter category, take stock NOW!
Here are some tips for changing your Money Mindset in this difficult time:
1. Acknowledge where you are at financially and do things differently. Don’t try and buy the same level of gifts this year as you have in previous years. We’ve all had lean years and I tell my family that I’m on a budget and their presents will be smaller. They have done the same to me. We are all okay with it and your family will be too.
2. It is okay to decide to spend a smaller amount on gifts or not buy gifts at all. If there was ever a time for your loved ones to understand that people’s financial situation has changed, including yours, it is Now. One year I bought my sister a magazine subscription for a year. As she was receiving the first magazine in January, I gave her the December issue. She thought I had just bought her a copy of her favourite magazine. And she was fine with it! She thought “that’s all my sister can afford and good on her for buying something I love in her budget.” It was an added bonus when she realized it was a subscription.
3. Credit Cards. Don’t buy expensive gifts on your credit card and hope that you will be able to afford to pay it off next year. Instead decide to pay cash for all gifts and limit the amount you spend. Give yourself less financial headaches for 2022.
4. Decide to go into the New Year with less debt rather than more debt. And be okay within yourself with that decision. It’s deciding to put you and your families financial future first.
5. Decide that you will do what is right for you financially rather than keeping up appearances! It’s a trap we have all fallen into. We think: Our kids get great gifts from our sister-in-law (or whoever) and we don’t want to feel like the poor relative. Chances are those great gifts your kids are being given have been bought on credit card and your sister-in-law takes all year to pay them off. Rise above it! That is her choice to buy those gifts. You choose to buy the gift that you know her kids will love and that you can afford.
6. Give yourself permission to do buy what you can afford paying cash. Don’t let old beliefs hold you back from doing things differently now.
7. My Money Matters Ebook is being launched on 3 January 2022 for helpful tips on saving and budgeting. Follow me on Instagram or Facebook to be the first to receive it.
Wishing you a wonderful and prosperous Christmas and 2022. May all your dreams come true next year!
Bronwyn Smith – Transformational Therapist
Mindset Coach and Clinical Hypnotherapist
If you would like to learn more Join my Facebook group Mindset Revamp with Bron. Follow me on Instagram transformational_therapist or go to my website www.transformational-therapist.com to be placed on the waiting list for my upcoming course.
Bronwyn Smith, Executive Contributor Brainz Magainze
Bronwyn Smith is a successful Coach and Clinical Hypnotherapist trained as a Rapid Transformational Therapist (“RTT”). Bronwyn was trained by some of the most impressive people in the industry. Tony Robbins and Chole Madanes as a Coach and Marisa Peer as a Rapid Transformational Therapist and Clinical Hypnotherapist.
Bronwyn is passionate about working with business people and entrepreneurs to change their mindset to enjoy amazing success and wealth. Before Bronwyn became a Coach and Clinical Hypnotherapist, she was a Litigation Lawyer for nearly 30 years. During that time she built a successful practice with clients ranging from major corporations to mums and dads. Bronwyn also changed the Law of Demurrage in New South Wales.
Bronwyn is the Transformational Therapist transforming people’s lives by showing them how their dreams can become a reality and changing their mindset around money, success, knowing that you are worthy and that you deserve the best, believing in yourself, overcoming obstacles and naysayers in order to live their dreams and create their best lives.