Written by: Viloshni Moodley, Executive Contributor
Executive Contributors at Brainz Magazine are handpicked and invited to contribute because of their knowledge and valuable insight within their area of expertise.
It is upon us, the Festive Season. We must be glad and rejoice that we have made it to this point in the year. 2020 has been a year like no other. Lives have been impacted in many ways, from the dreaded coronavirus, to the loss of family members, jobs, and need I add more. Relationships have taken strain. Through all the negative that has taken place, there is a glimmer of hope coming up in the festive season.
The Festive Season begins at the end of November, even though malls and stores have all the Christmas cheer going on from a month or two earlier to capture the retail sales.
This period lasts up until early January. It is the time of year to spread love and cheer. The holiday season is awfully expensive and can bring about pressure on relationships as it is a time that families usually come together. This time of year, your finances can leave you smiling or miserable. This leads to a lot of fights and a breakdown of communication. It is time we see family interacting with one another and coming together to celebrate.
This is also the perfect time to gift your loved ones, do not be shy about it. It can be something handmade or even baked cookies. The point is Christmas is about giving more than getting. It is still that time to express love and care for people that are special in your life. Many will have a different appreciation for the festive season after all that was endured during the year and the uncertainty that emerged.
During the festive season, relationships can benefit from romance and bring couples closer to one another. Spending time together can do wonders for your overall wellbeing. Being creative when spending time with your partner can bring a huge smile to your face. Some ideas for making the Festive Season interesting and fun are listed below.
1. Decorate the Christmas Tree together – Plan this evening and make it special.
2. Prepare a dinner that you both can enjoy by candlelight. You can surprise your partner with a special personalized ornament that you can either buy or make.
3. Most males are not into shopping, however visiting Christmas Markets could be a relaxing activity that you both can enjoy the ambiance, food, drink and of course, each other’s company.
4. Breakfast in bed – spoil each other with breakfast in bed. This can be a great way to reduce tension by showing appreciation and affection.
5. Getting creative in the kitchen – get some holiday baking done together. Include a bottle of champagne, an apron only if you dare, and add some playfulness with some good old family or holiday recipes. Have some romantic music or Christmas carols playing if you wish.
6. Create an Advent Calendar for your special person - you can keep it simple with heartfelt messages put together for every day. If you feel you are not creative to do that, send a special message electronically every day. If you want to spoil your partner a bit more, you can get a gift for each day – this can range from chocolate to vouchers for a hug, kiss, homemade dinner, or an at-home spa treatment for every day. You can add suspense to the spoils by hiding the gift in different areas and provide fun clues or activities that need to be completed for them to crack the location.
7. Movie Night – pop on a romantic Christmas movie with some tantalizing snacks.
8. Spend extra time in bed and introduce some foreplay as you wake up. Let it be an introduction to what is to come later in the day.
9. Allow the mood to develop with some naughty messages during the day to help unfold the main event to come later (and that can be anything that you wish it to be).
10. Initiate a date night later in the evening, which could be a picnic under the stars with a home-cooked meal and a bottle of bubbly.
11. If you're fortunate enough to live on the coast, take a walk on the beach with your partner and add some fun like splashing in the surf. It will be a fun way to escape the house and get some fresh air.
12. Plan a mini-vacay or a long road trip, a change of scenery can do wonders to bringing back the romance.
13. Play some music at home and dance together – it will surely change the mood.
It is all about intent and creativity; you do not need to break the bank to make these activities add the meaning you want them to have. A bit of creativity and love can bring back cheer and romance into your life.
Try some foreplay ideas, new positions, or even fantasies. Let your imagination run wild. Sex is one sure way to reignite the spark in a flatlined, boring relationship that is struggling to get going. It is time to make the most of the holiday season with no alarm clocks and to-do lists.
You are in control to remove the pressure and monotony from your life. It is time to change the script with some spin on fun activities.
Keep safe and happy during the festive season, and be sure to use the season to rekindle the romance in your relationship.
Viloshni Moodley, Executive Contributor Brainz Magazine
Viloshni Moodley is an accredited Sexpert practicing as an Online Intimacy Coach. She is the founder and owner of Ultimacy Online, since leaving her over 25 years of management experience within Corporate. Her passion for empowering individuals with positive sex education and breaking the negative conditioning cycle has influenced her change in career path. She believes relationships are the most important factor to overall well being and thus passionate about making a change to ensure people have more fulfilling relationships. Having a happy, healthy relationship provides balance in individuals and couples. Her work specializes in coaching individuals or couples who wish to achieve certain goals in the bedroom and short courses in different areas of sexuality.