top of page

Disney Unveils New Film Slate as Well as Park Expansion Plan

Disney has revealed three of the films that fans can expect from the media giant in the coming few years. 


According to CNBC News, amongst the new releases will be Toy Story 5 on 19th June, 2026, Tron: Ares on 10th October, 2025 and a film off the back off the popular Star Wars spin-off TV series called Mandalorian & Grogu, which is slated for release on 22nd May, 2026. There will also be a live action remake of the cartoon classic, Moana. 


The company, now led again by Bob Iger, is under pressure to win some big hitters in the Box Office. The closure of cinemas during the Pandemic and the strikes in Hollywood had an impact on ticket sales and production plus the company has had some films that haven’t caught audiences’ imaginations. Iger is also pushing a shift in focus, stating in an interview that he has told writers: “We have to entertain first. It’s not about messages.”


Disney has also announced a $60 billion in investments into its Experiences Division, which includes its parks. This is also Disney’s best performing segment. It recorded a record revenue of $32.5 billion in the 2023 fiscal year, which was a 16 percent increase from the year before. 


In the interview with CNBC, Josh D'Amaro, Chairperson of Walt Disney Parks and Resorts, said that around “…70% of that money will go toward ‘new experiences’ in the US domestic and international parks, along with cruise lines. The other 30% will go toward technology and infrastructure, including maintenance of existing attractions.”

Comments


CURRENT ISSUE

  • linkedin-brainz
  • facebook-brainz
  • instagram-04

CHANNELS

bottom of page